Motivation, Past, Specialty, and Expertise begin as Good (+2) skill.
7) Add three more Good (+2) abilities. You can also stack the abilities for higher bonus. (i.e. Specialty – Good, add an extra Good to make it Expert.
8) Spend 5 points worth of Techniques (PDQ# p.8). Techniques chained to Specialty or Field of Expertise cost 1, any other ability cost 2, and unchained cost 3 points. Please list Techniques using the following format: (Name) – Chained (Forte), (Name) – Unchained List your techniques separately from your Fortes, please.
9) Basic character description. Feel free to flesh it out as much as you like!
A Note on Metahumanity:
If you would like to play something other than a straight up human being, simply replace one of your Fortes with the Meta: (Sub-Race) of your choice. You are welcome to use one of these as your Specialty or Field of Expertise if you like, but I expect you to roleplay that.
Here are some thoughts on the available forms of metahumanity:
- Troll: Trolls have natural thermographic vision, are tougher, stronger, and much larger than your average human. They receive DR equal to their Meta: Troll bonus, and half their Troll bonus for attack in a Duel. They may use their Troll forte in conjunction with any physical task.
- Elf: Elves can see in low light, are more agile, and generally quicker than your average human. They receive half their Meta: Elf bonus to attack and defense in a duel, or full bonus to a Flashy Challenge. They may use their Elf forte in conjunction to any task that requires delicate work, or that involves a quick reflex action.
- Dwarf: Dwarves have natural thermographic vision. They are shorter, hardier, and more resistant than your average human. They receive an automatic +1 to defense in a Duel, and gain a bonus equal their Meta: Dwarf forte to any die roll for recovering Wound Ranks. They may use their Dwarf forte with any technical task.
- Ork: Orks can see in low light, are tougher, and stronger than your average human. They automatically receive DR 1, and add their Meta: Ork bonus to their margin of success in any melee Duel. They may use their Ork forte in conjunction with any physical task.